Sunday


October 13th - October 25th

Well, still here in Wyoming, being a housewife :-)

Our plans changed somewhat on the 13th. Our original plan when I came down to Wyoming was for me to go back to Canada around Oct 5th and work there while we filed for a K-1 fiance visa through Montreal. We were going to have a weeks vacation in England from the 21st after which I'd go back to Canada and Ash would go back to Wyoming. Anyway, after a month here with Ash, we changed our minds. The new plan was that I'd stay here until Oct 21st when we'd both go over to England for a week. After that week, Ash would come back to Wyoming while we filed for a K-1 fiance visa and I'd stay in England. Anyway, Ash decided she would rather we were married before going to England so we decided to do that and then file for a K-3 spousal visa while I was in England instead.

So, the day after we got married, we were looking at the timeline for a K-3 visa on a visa/expat website when we found something interesting. On the website it said that, as long as I wasn't intending to stay in the USA when I entered the country, (which as I've said, I wasn't) and we decided to get married while I was here, I can stay in the country and file for an 'Adjustment Of Status' (AOS). We'd never heard of this before, so we spoke to an Immigration attorney to check if this was possible and were told that yes, we can do that. Obviously, this meant that we wouldn't have to spend 8-12 months apart while I was in England filing for a K-1 or K-3, so we decided I'd stay here and we'd file for AOS.

Now we just have to get all the immigration paperwork together.
The pic is my wife Ash and our dog Kiko on one of the 4 wheelers at Tom and Jans cabin.

No comments: