Tuesday







Monday January 28th - Tuesday March 4th



Still waiting for immigration for my work visa, advance parole (allows me to leave the USA and come back in while we wait for my residency) and my permanent residency interview. Still playing around with the forex.



On March 1st, it was 6 months since I arrived in the States and since I last worked. I'm looking forward to being able to work again. 6 months without earning any money isn't a very nice experience.



In anticipation of my work visa arriving, we went out and bought me a car (pic). It's a 2002 Ford Crown Victoria P71 police interceptor with a 4.6L, V8 engine, fresh from the Cheyenne highway patrol. We paid $4200 for it, which is a pretty good deal I think.



Yesterday (3rd) was Ash's birthday and the 3 of us (Me, Ash & Christopher) went to the Outback for dinner.

6 comments:

Lyndon said...

Couldnt they have left the "nee nahhs" on.

koog said...

No mate.
Apparently, they take a dim view of me handing out speeding tickets too

Lyndon said...

Thats too bad, you could make a fortune.

Anonymous said...

You could only hand out tickets if you knew how to run there D.L. LOL Remember how you got out of your speeding ticket. Because the state trooper didn't know how to run your D.L., heck he couldn't even figure out what names meant what. So he just gave you a pamphlet on driving rules for the U.S. and said slow down. That was so funny.

koog said...

I was completely innocent of that crime. It was the passengers fault for distracting me :)

RD309 said...

While on DOT patrol, love the sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DckUkttMyl0

and my blog:

http://rd309-theduckstruckstop.blogspot.com/