Saturday


Wednesday March 5th - Saturday April 26th

Oops.... has it really been nearly 2 months? Sorry.

Lots happened. Got my work visa, social security number, advance parole document (so I can leave the States and come back in, if I want) and my CDL(A) with N,T & P endorsements. Have also done my fingerprint check thingy with the TSA to apply for my HAZMAT endorsement (still waiting for that to come back). Our immigration interview is at the end of May in Denver.

Oh, and I did the ground-check with Don at 'Wings of Wyoming' at Cheyenne airport in order to revalidate my FAA private pilots licence (still got to do the flight check and some refresher hours, when I earn some money (probably quite a few by now. Last thing I flew was a Robinson R22 down at Booker airfield near High Wycombe when I was driving cranes in London in '05-'06 and it's longer than that since I flew a fixed wing. Gonna be very rusty by now, I'm sure)). I did send off and exchanged my old paper pilots licence for the new plastic-card type one though.

Ok, so I've now got (almost) everything in place to go drive gas (petrol) tankers for a living and earn some decent money without having to leave my new family for weeks at a time like I would with an OTR trucking job.

Fingers crossed please............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that your getting what you always wanted to accomplish. Dad & I are so happy for you. After you get your hours in for flying. You'll have to fly you & your family down and visit. We would love to see you and meet your family. Remember we have an airport 1/2 mile away. Your always in our thoughts! The Kansas Klan.