Tuesday


Wednesday July 9th - Monday Sept 1st

1 year in the states already. September 1st last year was when my (now) wife drove all the way to Saskatoon to pick me up and bring me to Cheyenne. Sometimes it doesn't feel that long ago. Sometimes it feels like I've been here forever. You know how that goes.

Anyway, back to now.

Flying J corporate have now cleared me to drive their gas tankers, so now I have to pass the Flying J driving test (a little nervy as I haven't driven a truck since I left Canada). If I pass the test, I then have to wait for a job opening to come up. One more hurdle cleared then but still have to wait and see.

Home life has had a few downs in the last few weeks. Ash's Grandad John, one of the nicest guys I've ever met, sadly died in Houston where he'd gone to get cancer treatment. I've never heard anyone have a bad word to say about him and everyone thought the world of him. A very sad time. Another down was that Ash lost her job when the company she worked for closed it's Cheyenne office. It also meant she lost her car. It's been a difficult few weeks to say the least but we'll get past it. Hopefully we'll both have good paying jobs in the not-too-distant future. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Dave Caldwell said...

Sorry to hear things have been tough recently but it sounds like good times are just around the corner.