Tuesday


Saturday May 24th - Tuesday July 8th

Ok, so after I stopped worrying about getting my green card, the problems return to finances. Not working for 9 months can put a serious dent in your bank account and that's what it did. Time for work then.

On May 27th, because I couldn't reapply for my hazardous materials endorsement until I had my green card and then wait 30 days for the necessary TSA clearance, I started work at the Flying 'J' truck-stop working on maintenance. This mainly involves cleaning showers and picking up after people who feel that the trash cans are too far away for them to walk to. Obviously, this isn't very mentally taxing and pays around the same as I earned at 18 driving a forklift in Tesco's warehouse, but you gotta do what you gotta do and it's better than nothing. Just.

Anyway, on July 2nd, I finally got clearance from the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and went along to the Wyoming DOT to have my HAZMAT endorsement put on my licence. So, now I can finally look for a job on the gas/petrol tankers and hopefully be able to afford both to run my car and buy enough cornflakes to feed my family.

I'll let you know...........

No comments: