Tuesday


Tuesday July 28th


Well, the economic downturn/crisis/crunch/toilet duck finally caught up with us. I got laid off from Flying J a couple of weeks ago.

The plan at that point was for me to get the house painted and fixed up ready for selling, then head off down to Florida and try to find me a new job down there. There wasn't much point in me looking for another job here in Cheyenne as we would be moving down to Florida in 2-3 months anyway. Anyway, plans change. The day I got my final check (yea, that's how they spell cheque over here), the guy who gave me my job at Flying J back in September called me and offered me another job hauling fuel (he's now in charge of Sapp Brothers here in Cheyenne (another truck-stop/travel plaza chain)). So it all worked out kinda good really. I got some severance pay from Flying J and just continued hauling fuel for someone else at the same kinda money. The only down side is that I don't have a fixed schedule at work yet. It's a day to day thing which causes problems for Ash as she doesn't know whether to find a child minder for Christopher or whether I'll be at home to look after him. It's not ideal, but I'm still earning some money while I paint the house.

Cheyenne's been very busy this last week. It's Frontier Days (a big rodeo festival thing) with a load of cowboy stuff going on and some rock concerts etc. I haven't been out there with my crazy work schedule, but Ash went to see Kenny Chesney (I think that's how you spell it) with her brother Heath and sister Michelle. She also bought a t-shirt at the concert for $30!!!!!!! I'm still giving her some hassle about it (just for fun) but it made her happy and that's all that matters really.

Still planning on Florida. I'll let you know when we get there.

No comments: