Tuesday


Sunday April 27th - Friday May 23rd

Still been doing the same things. Applying for jobs etc.

May 23rd was our immigration interview in Denver for my adjustment of status (AOS). We travelled down to Denver (once cheyenne's tornado sirens had stopped wailing) on Thursday evening and stayed the night at the Guesthouse hotel on Quebec st. Up early, around 5am, to get showered etc ready for the interview. Got round to the USCIS office on 47th ave around 6:50am and waited for them to open the doors at 7am. Sat in the waiting room for around 25 minutes until the immigration lady called my name and we both followed her through to her office. After taking the 'we promise to tell the truth' oath, we all sat down and she started with the interview. She asked us how we met, when we met after that, if our families approved of our marriage etc etc. She then asked us for evidence that our marriage is real (marriage certificate, utility bills in both our names etc) and for birth certificates for us and any children we have (my 2 and Ash's 1). Anyway, after around 40 minutes, she said she was satisfied our marriage is bona fide and that she was going to approve me for PR (permanent residency). She said my 'Green Card' (which isn't green at all, apparently) should arrive in around 2 weeks and until then she put a stamp in my passport (I-551) which shows I'm a US permanent resident.

So, as you can imagine, we are much more relaxed now and can start to plan our future knowing where we will be living.

No comments: